Lobster imperial Recipe made of Maine Lobster!
First off, my apologies! I did not take a picture after making lobster imperial, so we are pictureless for now! But you can sign up for our email list, and next time I make Lobster Imperial, and trust me, this recipe was delicious, so it will 100% be made again, I will make sure to snap a pic, and send it out!
What is Lobster Imperial?
Lobster imperial is a dish made with lobster meat mixed with a creamy sauce and baked in a casserole dish. It is typically made with butter, heavy cream, and sherry, and may also include ingredients such as shallots, garlic, and white wine. The lobster meat is usually cut into small pieces and mixed with the sauce before being baked in the casserole dish. Some variations of the dish may include breadcrumbs or other ingredients on top of the lobster mixture before baking. Lobster imperial is often served as a main course, and may be accompanied by a variety of side dishes, such as rice, vegetables, or pasta. It is a rich and flavorful dish that is popular among seafood lovers.
Here is a recipe for lobster imperial that serves four to six people:
- 1 pound of Maine lobster meat, cooked and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and sauté until they are fragrant and softened.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by about half.
- Add the heavy cream and sherry to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lobster meat and sauce. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the lobster mixture.
- Bake the lobster imperial in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve hot with your choice of side dishes. Enjoy!
I hope this recipe helps you make a delicious lobster imperial dish at home!
I used our own Lobster meat for this dish! Here is a link to our lobster meat frest picked daily!